Saturday, November 27, 2010

It's Better Than The Alternative!

This is what my ER nurse said to me last week when she noticed I had my birthday recently.  I obviously said, oh yeah, my birthday and she said..."It's better than the alternative". I quickly asked, alternative to what? She replied...dying.  Well...OK THEN. Wow! That wasn't what I expected; however, I was in the ER... maybe she sees death a lot. But then it got me thinking...oh yeah, here I go on one of those tangents again.  She is exactly right! Why squint my nose at a silly birthday, a 36th for that matter, right? But why even fret about anything so silly anymore. Why do I even worry about all that small stuff? And as my birthday resolution was the day of my birthday and then soon after the ER trip...just take one day at a time, and don't sweat that small stuff anymore, because life is just too darn short!  Oh yeah, I worry about it all. I worry if the house is clean enough, have the kids been played with equally and had their specific Mommy time, are the kids getting challenged enough, are they eating well...AM I EATING WELL??? Ha Ha. This birthday as well as many moments in my life, including this random ER visit made me take another look at how I am living my life and am I really making the most out of each and every day. There will be some tough days, sad days, super super hard days...but there are so so many good days, it's like...why worry?? I am preaching to the choir with this blog in particular but its a nice lesson and one I wanted to share.  During the holidays you can't help but take a second look at your life and appreciate everything you have and every moment you have been given.  I know I am so very blessed and beyond thankful for everything in my life.

Is your glass half empty or half full?

By the way- I am fine from the ER visit, not to worry.  One urgent care and one ER visit in one week was definitely a lot! I was put on steroids to treat one thing and in the mean time...it depleted my calcium. Fun times! Ha 

No comments: