Thursday, November 6, 2008

National Holiday in Kenya



Well, not only do the Kenyans believe that "their son" has now become president of the United States, but they have made November 6th a Kenyan National Holiday in honour of Barack Obama. The Kenyans have a number of holidays and I have not quite figured them all out yet; however, what I do know is that Tom has been off work for about 4 or 5 extra days this month. I can't argue with that!

I have attached a few pics of the local newspapers from November 6th. In one paper there is a full page picture of Barack Obama for your wall if you would like to hang it up. :) Or of course they also have t-shirts, flags, rugs and banners if you are intereseted in any of those as well.

However my favorite Barack Obama item they have here in Kenya by far is a new rap song. They play it at least 15 times a day on the awesome radio station named Ghetto Radio. We also have one other station we can listen to, Indian music. :)

No comments: