Friday, April 8, 2011

Potty Training tip for Mom #151

He's Clean, I will give him that.

Since I just encountered this second incident, I thought it might be time to share my potty training story as this is one I need to have "on record" for later years. 

I am currently potty training Chase. It is not the best potty training, but I am trying my best. He was ready in October, but Mom was not. Shame on me. Now, his desire has slowly dissipated.  He is interested, but doesn't really care one way or another unless of course some sort of treat is involved.  Sometimes it works, and sometimes again...he could care less. All it normally takes is a little jelly bean and he goes pee pee - no problem. However, going poop is another story.  I know when he needs to go poop, he wont sit down, he says he needs to go, but then says he can't, he gets antsy. So, I sit beside him on the stool so we will relax, we read the potty book and eventually...he poops.  I know, too much information for you non-parental types. But, this is how it works (for me, anyway). 

Then, there are those moments where 10- 15 minutes has gone by and Mom has not asked if he needs to go potty and Chase is all of a sudden..very quiet. TOO Quiet.  This is when Chase suddenly appears with no pants, no pull-up or training underwear and where Mom goes berserk. Where are your pants, where is your diaper???  I react this way as the first naked boy incident was a complete surprise. Chase's first clean up.  In our playroom/sun room there is a large rug.  I allowed Chase to go diaper less for about 10 minutes. During this time, Chase decided to poop (on the rug), got a towel and then decided to clean it up himself. Therefore rubbing all poop contents in a nice large 1 1/2 foot circle into the rattan rug. Yes, with many, many fibers!  I do not have a picture of this as I was too angry and in too much of a hurry to get it cleaned up and aired out, but it was quite the site...and my first for pooping incidents. Hannah never did anything like this or even close. She was actually constipated the whole time, but that is another story. Ha

So, since this incident, we do not go without pants...even for a few minutes. And normally I am asking that constant question...do you need to go potty? Lets go potty!! Come on Chase, do you want to get a potty treat?? Yes, similar to a dog but currently I am running out of options.

Today, I found yet another incident.  He came to me (as I was paying bills on the computer), without pants and without his pull-up.  I said, OK where did you go? Where is your diaper? Where are your pants?? Frantically looking around the house and making sure no poop was on our brand new rugs from Pakistan most importantly. I mean, that IS important!! However, finally I found it. It was in the bathroom...thank goodness. But he had respectfully, taken his diaper off, put it in the trashcan and then used one washcloth, one hand towel and one bath towel to clean up his poop.  It was all shoved in the bathroom trashcan. Except for the bath towel, that was just on the floor.  There was no poop anywhere, but the toilet water was all over the floor beside the toilet and the toilet seat sopping wet, so I am not sure what happened there, but honestly ... do not want to know.  I urgently cleaned his body, his hands and yes, his still disgusting bottom and then finally cleaned the bathroom. I just now rinsed the towels and threw them in the wash too and while sitting there cleaning off these towels said...I have to write this one down! :)  Again, no pictures as I was a little too frantic.

Eventually, we will get there with the potty training and hopefully before we leave for Africa, Im praying! I am just hoping he gets a really good laugh out of this one day.  He is quite the character!!  Again, all I can really say is ... at least the boy is clean. :)

No comments: