Friday, May 14, 2010

Mothers Day!

We spent a wonderful Mothers Day weekend with TOM!! My friend Michelle packed up her family for a camping trip and left her house to the Rhodes family for a nice relaxing, almost like home experience. We were so happy to see Tom as it was his first week away for training and the kids and I missed him horribly.  Luckily he was able to come home for the weekend and his training was only a short hour and a half away from my friend's house. 


Tom's Papa came over Saturday afternoon with homemade lasagna for the family and we were able to visit and relax for a few hours, which was nice.  The kids were more than excited about Dad being home that they rarely slept the entire night. Although sweet....would have loved a few hours of some REM sleep.
Oh well, Daddy was home. :)


The kids had fun trying on Dad's training gadgets.



On Mother's Day, Mom got breakfast in bed and a some extra sleep time.  I got out by myself for the first time (Kenya girls...can you imagine?) for or a few hours for my first pedicure and eyebrow wax.  Just so you know, it was $45. Girls please enjoy those pedis and the eyebrow threading for only the small price of 1000 KSH ($13). I mean, seriously?  Ok..so back to Mother's Day...

Hannah wanted her hair to look like Mommy's, so we tried. :)
After I got home, we brought some snacks to the park and flew Princess and Brobe kites, our kids first kite flying experiences. It was a lot of fun and a perfect day for kite flying!!  Chase and Hannah actually flew them by themselves. Hannah got bored after about 5 minutes. Chase loved it, but Dad had to chase after the kite a couple times...Ooopps. I mean, he is only 2! Ha



 

It was a wonderful Mother's Day but most importantly our family was together again. After all we have been through, and all we are about to go through...there is nothing more important than family time. 

We are looking forward to Tom coming back again to visit this weekend on Sunday, but only for the day. :(


A Note for Mother's Day

To my Mom: I appreciate you now more than ever and thank you for all the sacrifices you made for me.  You are an amazing mother and I couldn't be the Mom I am today without your unconditional love and guidance.  I love you!

To my children: I am so lucky to have you both as my children, I have truly been blessed!  Every day when I wake up and see your smiling faces, I feel like I am the luckiest Mom in the whole world.
I love you and Dad more than anything!!

No comments: