Thursday, April 22, 2010

Party in the USA

Yes, this song by Miley Cyrus was sung before and trough out our trip to get Hannah to realize we were moving to the United States of America , if you can imagine. Sweet Aunt Alexis sent us some songs at Christmas this year where we heard this song for the first time, I have no idea how actually old or new the song really is. Of course once you hear it, it is addicting and Hannah and Chase loved dancing to it. So, we just made it our theme song for our big move. Ha

Here is a clip of the song for your oldies who may not know the song. :) 
By the way, it is actually the first time I have even seen the video.  Ha

Picture of Piper needing a place to sit, so why not the kid's laps- ha, and Daddy (with Expeditor in front) pushing four carts of luggage. We had 8 suitcases, 4 carry on bags, 2 car seats and Piper's crate.

We arrived safely in Washington, DC last Thursday evening after a long 24 hours. It was not easy and after 18 hours of flying and an 8 hour layover in Amsterdam, it can cure anyone, including myself of having another child. We truly never stopped RUNNING after Chase in the airport; however, the flights themselves were actually not all too bad. The first leg they both slept and the second leg we managed to get out every item of entertainment that I brought. Initially I thought it was too much stuff, but it managed to pass the time...just in time. And yes, for those of you wondering we literally missed the volcano by about an hour.  The next flight after us was stuck in the airport.  I guess we can be thankful for that; however, we would of had a blast staying with our friends in Amsterdam for a few days. :)

We were also able to see our very old and dear friends, Andy and Kristen McGinley at the Amsterdam airport too. This was a wonderful treat...thanks guys for coming to meet us!

Our first morning out after no sleep and only arriving the night before, we managed to get our first cup of Starbucks. Yummy! We actually had a conversation, let the kids crash out in the stroller and walked around Clarendon for the day. 
Oh, and the kids also rode their first Metro. :)

The kids were exhausted to say the least but after almost a week they have slowly made it back to East Coast time and we are starting a normal schedule again.  Its not great, but the best we can do in our one bedroom apartment.


We also made a trip to see Tom's Papa this past Sunday.  There is nothing better then having your kids see their great-grandparents. They ate some yummy pasta and had a blast!

More adventures of The Rhodes Family adjusting to the first world coming soon...

No comments: