Thursday, October 1, 2009

Fancy Hannah


(Hannah reading her Fancy Nancy book and dressed from head to toe in Mommy's clothes)

I am not sure if any of you have read the absolutely adorable books called Fancy Nancy, but they are Hannah's favorite! Fancy Nancy is dressing up everything from her doll, her bedroom and even her family. All in the premise of teaching them how to be "fancy". This is all from a 5 year old point of view, but she uses fancy words like stupendous, spectacular, ensembles and ecstatic. She also uses French words (because French sounds so fancy) like Merci and parfait. Anyway, the books are a blast to read and Hannah replicates it in her actions daily. I thought I would share a few of her thoughts with you for fun...




When I get dressed up (wear clothes other than t-shirt and jeans, my daily wear), she says "Ooh La La, you look so fancy Mommy." She also wants to know where I will be taking her for the day too.



She says, "Mommy, where are my sunglasses? I want to look like a movie star!" She has no idea what a movie star is, but she knows they wear sunglasses and look "fancy". We saw a lady at lunch the other day with quite large black sunglasses on, she said,"Look mommy...a movie star!"


"Can I PLEASE wear my glass slippers to bed Mommy? Where are my glass slippers? (at 6 am when she wakes up). Is Chase sleeping?...can I wear my glass slippers on the carpet and be extra slow so I won't wake him?"

~

"I want a ring like yours (pointing to my wedding ring). Can I wear it PLEASE mommy? I really want to wear it." I tell her No. She can wear a ring like Mommy's when she meets a man and he tells her he loves her and wants to marry her; then she can have one. So, a few days later we are walking down the stairs and she says, "I am going to meet a man that loves me and is going to give me a ring, I'm so excited!"

~

"Mom, can we dress up and be fancy today?"

~

So the latest event that adds to her many "fancy" Hannah days...

At 1 am she comes in my room crying. I immediately take her back to her bed. I ask her what is wrong. She says, "My bracelet fell off, I need you to fix it". Well, this is her necklace that I made her take off before she went to bed even though she was crying that she wanted to keep it on. So, I told her we would put it around her wrist and she could wear it to bed, but not her neck! So the necklace is too big and obviously will not wrap around her wrist, right? I fix it, she lays back down. Then, 5 min. later, she comes in my room...

"Mommy, I need to go potty." I take her to the potty. Then, when I put her back down
she says, "But my bracelet, it keeps falling off...FIX IT!!" (with her sad voice getting louder).
I said to her, " Hannah!! (with my voice getting louder),It is going to keep falling off...it is a necklace, not a bracelet. Can we please just leave it on the table for the morning?"

Hannah then says, "NO!!! I want to wear it!!" I then say, "Hannah!!!, This is never going to fit, it does not belong on your wrist and it will not stay. It will keep falling off and you will NOT keep getting me to fix it all night!"

So, I take it, wrap it around her princess Aurora doll's neck and say, "SHE WILL BE WEARING THE NECKLACE TONIGHT AND WHEN YOU WAKE UP, THEN...YOU CAN PUT IT BACK ON!" (Very Loudly). She said OK.
When she came in my room the next morning, she was carrying the necklace with her in hand for me to put back on her neck. As soon as we got downstairs she then HAS to put her glass slippers on. This is something she never forgets either. To top it off, She ALWAYS has to wear the glass slippers to any meal; breakfast, lunch or dinner.
The latest is not only that she needs to get dressed up, but her doll also needs to get dressed up with her necklaces. I am sure you can imagine the frustration when then those beeds fall off the doll's neck, it is quite the site. Oh, and they also have to sit next to her during meals in the high chair. :)

~

It is adorable; however, I know I can get a bit impatient at times. Today she was having a fit, in hysterical tears, because she wanted her shirt tucked in to her skirt and it kept falling out.
I mean, What's a girl to do?

~

Mom, Dad...please tell me I was not this bad. Ha Ha

No comments: