Wednesday, March 4, 2015

...and I'm Back!

I'm back, I'm back. Oh wait, you thought I left? Don't question it for a second. I am just here adjusting to the FIRST WORLD, as strange as that may sound.  A year and a half back in the states and you would think I would have it all together, on the contrary, I am just now figuring things out.




Things that are going on...




We should be packing up our house right now, but for the first time ever, in our almost 10 years of marriage we are still here, restful and somewhat enjoying this snow. Ha! We are NOT planning consumables to ship, shopping for years worth of clothes, medicines to order or trying to understand a new city in a far away country.  We are not planning a thing but our Spring Break trip to Atlanta and summer swim team. So strange! In a few short months, we will have lived in Virginia- the longest we have lived anywhere as a family.  Seems absolutely nuts, right?


There are pros and cons to this lifestyle.  It is crazy that we would be packing up right now when I just now feel like we are finally getting our lives together and planting roots, not just for me but for the kids too.  But I am envious of my friends about to embark on a new journey. This is why we love this lifestyle and wanted it in the first place... the excitement of the unknown.  So I am struggling with the feeling of getting settled but am missing again, that intrigue.  However, in one very short year... we will be there and I may or may not be ready to go, I guess we will see. 


For right now, I am truly excited to be here! I will become a substitute teacher finally...after about a 4 month long application process and should finally start any day now. I am very excited! I have also been attending writing groups and have actually been a writing machine working on a few very special children's books.  I cant wait to share them with all of you!


The kids are getting into sports and if you can believe it, getting the same friends from the year before on teams. I never thought this would ever happen! I find this amazing and so very special. 


Hannah and Chase tried soccer this past fall for the first time.  Chase found a love for soccer, Hannah found some new friends she loves. ha! :) Chase starts his third season of baseball in a few weeks, but is moving on from T-ball and will now be doing coach pitch. This should be fun to watch! And Hannah is very excited about swimming on the swim team this summer for the first time- Mommy cant wait! And Chase, well- he is excited about swimming so he can hang with some friends. So again, we will see.


The point is, they are having fun in their new home and I am excited about the new opportunities it is bringing us all. I am glad we are here, pretty close to our family (although I wish it was closer at times), and getting ready to enjoy a fun filled year. I am excited about THIS adventure for now and will happily wait for whatever comes our way next.


Here is to more blog posts, MORE writing and a happy, healthy and fun filled year!!


...I'M BAAACK!



No comments: