Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Belated Blogger...

...I promise I mean well
I know, again its me, the belated blogger. I would LOVE to keep this thing going weekly or even daily (or at least when something exciting happens),but I just cant seem to get it together. It seems that as soon as the kids go to bed at night, I am crashed out. You would think that me being a stay at home Mom and Hannah in school (and with a full time housekeeper), I would also have more time in the morning. It seems however that if I lock myself in my room (as I am doing now) can I get anything done.
So here I am...blogging.
We have had some extraordinarily busy few months since Christmas, well actually since September. As you already know Uncle Justin came in September and Papa Andy and Papa Scott came in October. After Christmas, my Mom came to visit us on the first of January for about three weeks and then not but 24 hours after she left, Aunt Alexis came to visit us for almost another three weeks. It has been a wonderful time with family. We feel so blessed that everyone could make the trip all the way to Kenya to see us. We truly feel so lucky. Their visits will always be a wonderful memory of our time in Kenya.
I realized that although most of you have enjoyed seeing pictures of the kids and small updates about Kenya, you really do not know much about what life is like here. You do not where I live or that we actually do not live in the Savanna with lions- ha. However, monkeys in our yard and on our rooftop is pretty much a regular thing. :) A few things you do know are that I have a wonderful housekeeper. This was so wonderful and I can't thank you enough for your generosity. :)
Some of you may or may not know that we will be leaving Nairobi in a few months. Yes, the two years (or a little less than) is already up. Both Tom and I are sad as we have truly enjoyed our time here. When we first got here people would tell us to be careful because Africa can really grow on you. I had no idea what they meant nor could I even imagine thinking that...but it does. It is a beautiful country with such innocence and history. It is hard not to embrace it and fall in love with it.
Even though Tom and I are sad to leave Kenya and our new friends, we are however excited for the next journey in our life to begin. There is no way around looking at the life we are given except to look positively at the new adventures we get to experience. The moving is definitely not fun every two years. After our third move, I must sadly admit, I am starting to get used to it.
In order to catch everyone up on my lack of blogs, I am writing a bunch before we leave. I know you are thrilled! Ha The next few blogs, one being of course a SUPER belated update on Florence, will also include all the different places we have traveled in Africa over the past year and a half. I wanted to share some of our treasured memories of our time here before we finally check out.
Enjoy!

No comments: