Wednesday, April 29, 2009

We Made it to Atlanta!

Well, after leaving Nairobi at 7 pm on Thursday April 23rd (12 pm local East Coast time), we finally made it to Atlanta on Friday April 24th at 7:30 pm. 31 hours with 2 kids alone was more than I bargained for, but all in all it was a decent trip.
Would I do it again? Probably, if I had to. With Tom's job, I will have to say, this might be a regular thing. In a few years, I will not mind a bit. Ha Ha
Since we had the 6 hour layover in Amsterdam I was prepared for a lot of entertaining, but when we finally boarded for the Atlanta flight, sat on the runway for an hour and half and then de-boarded for another 2 hours, this did us all over the edge.
But the good news is, we are here. And after about 5 days of being in Atlanta, we are all pretty much over jet lag, adjusting well and super excited about seeing everyone!!
We are now just waiting for Dad to join us in a week. Hurry up Dad!!
We miss you!! :)







The kids sleeping on the plane (above) and Hannah's first experience (Yes, First Experience) with meeting Ronald McDonald. Can you imagine? Ha

No comments: