Friday, December 30, 2011

Happy Happy ~ Belated ~ Happy

As most of you know my blog updates are intended to be a bit more often and would do much better in a more timely manner.  Unfortunately due to restrictions beyond my control, CRAPPY - CRAPPY INTERNET- they are slower and later than most. So, my apologies for not being more up to date.  However, most of you (the Grandparents and Aunts and Uncles) enjoy seeing pictures of the kids- no matter if they are a few months late - so I appreciate all your love, patience & understanding. 

So, on that note, here is a BELATED blog of Happy's... Enjoy!

Happy Halloween!




Halloween was spent at the Marine House a few miles from our house. They had a Trunk or Treat which most of you may or may not know, seems to be the popular and safe way to trick or treat these days-sadly.  So, we "dressed" up our car as well as ourselves and had a fun evening with Embassy friends as well as a few invited guests.


Tom & I... The Flintstones (2007 repeat) and the car...of course!
Happy Birthday Mommy!

I celebrated a beautiful birthday this year. It was one of my best so far. Why you ask? Because no joke...all year I actually thought I was already 37. So guess what??? I gained a year!! Ha  My husband gave me an amazing gift, one I have wanted for years, a PHOTOGRAPHY class! Yippee! It was great!! I have an amazing camera that I have no idea how to use- so it was nice to figure a few things out and hopefully I will keep learning. Here are a few pictures below I took in class. 




Happy, Happy, Happy...MOM AND PIPER WERE HERE!!!

Super HAPPY because not only did we get Piper, but Mom got to come visit too!!! Waiting for Piper was quite long as we did not know if she would even be joining us or not this trip, but luckily Mom got her here and she has finally been joined back with her family.  Thanks to Papa Andy and Papa Scott for taking such good care of her while she was gone. :) 

 Mom came for almost a month and we had a blast!! We went to Victoria Falls, we (she) had some amazing sewing projects planned and we managed to get quite a few done. She made new curtains for my dining room and kitchen! yes...I'm a slave driver.  THANKS MOM!!! Your the best!  We had a great time visiting, catching up, playing with the kids and seeing a few sites around Harare.  We miss her already. :(

Thanks Mom for an amazing visit, for all your patience and for making this home feel more like our "home" & for making me feel less "Atlanta Home" sick too. We love you!


We are now awaiting Nonna's visit in only a few days!!! The kids now think that we will have visitors every month.  Hannah keeps saying...who's coming next???? Who's coming next???? Ha Ha

So...who's next? :)


Happy Thanksgiving!

We spent Thanksgiving day by ourselves with Mom this year and it was quiet and so so nice, and did I mention...delicious?? Yum! We then invited Tom's office and Marines over for Tday2 (we called it) on that Saturday and had a big feast. It was lots of fun and I think everyone had a good time.  Here are some pictures of our new and old friends.


Left: buffet in kitchen         Right: our new bar~ in our bar room :)

 Below: The RSO office, Marines & DCM in Harare


 
Happy, Happy Holidays to all of you!! Hope they were wonderful!

No comments: